Tuesday, January 1, 2013

I was lost...

In the last two months, a lot of things have happened, but mostly three things:
1 - I started watching Chopped on the Food Network.
2 - I won SIX BOXES of Zesty Salsa Wheat Thins.
3 - I fell off the blogging wagon. Again.

I have very good intentions when it comes to blogging - I have conversations that I want to reflect on, goals that I set that I want to follow up on, recipes to share, and ReverbBroads to hang out with, but something always gets in the way (family, work, wedding planning, valuable couch time, you name it.) I won't lie to you and say I'll get better. But I hope you hang out with me, when I find a need and reason to blog. Like today.

As I've mentioned: Chopped, Salsa Wheat Thins. I've decided to use my new found love of Chopped and my new found crazy ingredient and start sharing some of my recipes with you. B described today's as "interesting, but really good. It's tasty." (read: tasty normally means he likes the spices.)

Ingredients:
1/2 box Zesty Salsa Wheat Thins, crushed
3 chicken breasts (we make enough for leftovers, scale the recipe down as you feel the need to)
2 tbsp. mayonnaise
3 tbsp. yellow mustard
1 tsp. paprika
1 tbsp. Miracle Blend (spice from Alden Mill House, can replace with a salt/herb mix)
1 tbsp. Garlic Lovers (spice from Alden Mill House, can replace with minced garlic)
1 tsp. brown sugar

1) Preheat oven to 425.
2) Mix mayonnaise, yellow mustard, paprika, miracle blend, garlic lovers and brown sugar. Brush onto both sides of the chicken breast.
3) Dredge chicken breast, both sides, in crushed Wheat Thins.
4) Bake in a glass pan for 27 minutes, or until juices run clear.
We served with a parmesan, butter and corn mixture, but you can serve as you like.

Enjoy - and watch soon for more adventures in the soon-to-be Carlson household!

No comments:

Post a Comment