Tuesday, December 4, 2012

#ReverbBroads I bet you've never heard of this song.

It's no secret that I love the holidays. (It's also no secret that this weather is killing my traditions. Please snow. Please.) I'm certain this would be my answer to this post, even if it wasn't December. But considering it's December, and it's NOT snowing, I think this is the perfect response.

Post #2: What is your strongest memory tied to music? (By Sarah)


Christmas in the Northwest

This was my life growing up. It didn't snow very often. When it did, you RUSHED home and the city shut down. (I was shocked the first time it snowed in college when people were still on time for class. Clearly I hadn't been in the Midwest very long at that time.) Snow days were coveted, because they didn't happen very often, but when they did they were glorious.

We had a pretty great storm when my family was still living in the Blue house. It lasted three days (or so says my memory) and it actually forced us to use the fireplace at my grandparents house, making our meals over that. I had friends who were over the first night, and it just gave us the opportunity to play in the snow (or ice).

That's just one of the MANY memories I have of this song. For the last six years, I didn't spend any of the holidays with my family, but with my partner's. While I'm so glad that his family accepted me in, there's still something nice about spending the holidays with your own family. I did that for Thanksgiving this year - and that was awesome.

But, when I'm not able to see them, I play this song, and all is well in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment