Thursday, December 6, 2012

#ReverbBroads - Laughter is the BEST medicine

It's fitting that today's post is about laughter, and that was how I started off yesterday's post. Laughter really is one of the best things ever.

Prompt #4: What makes you laugh? (By Laurie)

The better question really is what DOESN'T make me laugh...

This man makes me laugh. A LOT.
Brandon is my best friend, my fiancee, my roommate, the co-parent to my dog and cat, and probably one of the funniest people alive. He doesn't think he's very funny, but he keeps me on my toes and makes me laugh, at least once, every day.

Dave Coulier also makes me laugh - but mostly my job does.
My job is amazing for a lot of reasons, but it definitely keeps me laughing. There are some days I laugh because I'm not sure how else to respond. There are other days I laugh because this is real life: I just ordered over $200 worth of Harry Potter memorabilia for a student event, OR, I get an email asking if I want to be an MMA fighter (because I bought something for our MMA club once.)

The past makes me laugh.
The past is funny. We've all made some awesome decisions (like the sweater vest thing I'm wearing in this picture), but there is nothing in the past worth regretting. We take, we learn, we move on, and above all, we must laugh.

My family (missing Brandon)
When you grow up in a musical theater family, you are going to laugh a lot. There will be random moments of song (maybe about how much the dog smells,) dances in the kitchen, and tons of "creative" moments. But...what more could you ask for than a crazy, happy family? I can't come up with much...

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome post! I hope one day our journeys will collide and we will meet in real life. And I hope we share a good laugh!

    ReplyDelete